Wenger NA is committed to protecting the environment. Our mission is to set an example of environmental responsibility for colleagues, our consumers, customers, vendors and business partners. We will tirelessly demonstrate that sound business practices and environmental responsibility can coexist as the corporate world discovers that respecting our planet is relevant for both sustainability and a long term business model.
To minimize the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services, we will:
- Comply with all local, state and national environmental requirements.
- To the best of our ability prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimize the consumption of resources.
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Encourage environmental protection amongst suppliers and contractors.
- Actively seek out improvements to practices, processes and materials that support this Policy.
This Policy will be communicated to all relevant parties.
2008 Rockland Recycles Award
Wenger NAis the proud recipient of the 2008 Rockland Recycles Award. One of three local winners in Rockland County, NewYork, Wenger was recognized for its hard work and innovative programsthat reduce waste and encourage the use of recyclable materials.Theaward ceremonywas covered by the local newspaper
Images from the 2008 Rockland Recycles Award Ceremony.
In the Spring of 2008, we invited SOSAK (The Secret Order of Swiss Army Knives)members toretrofit a Wenger Swiss Army Knife with new handles using environmentally friendly materials or materials that would otherwise end up in landfills. Click the below image to see some of our favorites. We welcome your comments.