According to the , the prohibited items list is not intended to be all-inclusive, and is updated as necessary. To ensure traveler’s security, transportation security officers (TSOs) may determine that an item not on the prohibited items chart is prohibited. In addition, the TSO may also determine that an item on the permitted chart is dangerous and therefore may not be brought through the security checkpoint.
- Can I bring a knife/blade on board a flight?
Knives or blades - except for plastic or round bladed butter knives, are not permitted to be carried on to flights leaving from, or arriving at any U.S. airport. They may be placed in checked luggage.
- Can I bring a saw on board a flight?
Saws (including cordless portable powers saws) are not permitted to be carried on to flights leaving from, or arriving at any U.S. airport. They may be placed in checked luggage.
- Can I bring a wrench or a pair of pliers on board a flight?
Yes, you may board a flight with a wrench and/or a pair of pliers which are 7" or less in length.
- Can I bring a pair of scissors, a screwdriver,and/or a nail file/cleaner on board a flight?
Yes, you may board a flight with the following items:
- Scissors - metal with pointed tips and blades shorter than 4" are allowed, but blades longer than 4" are prohibited
- Screwdriver measuring 7"or less in length
- Nail files/cleaners of all sizes are permitted on board
For a complete listing of all items prohibited by the TSA, please click here.
Wenger developed the Swiss Clipper AT (AirTravel) with the TSA's air-travel guidelines in mind. All Swiss Clipper AT models are equipped with a micro-screwdriver instead of a blade, therefore making it U.S. air travel-safe (the scissors are less than 4”, the micro-screwdriver is less than 7” and nail files and nail cleaners are permitted as airline carry-on no matter what their size).
Simply put, blades are not allowed to be carried on to flights leaving from or arriving at any U.S. airport. They can be placed in checked luggage, because we believe there is no better travel companion. Click on any Swiss Clipper AT model below to learn more.